Everyone loves pizza. After cooking pizzas the other night (and enjoying them oh-so-much) I thought I’d whip up a couple more.
Lower cholesterol pizzettas:
Sweet potato, feta & chicken pizza
Roast vegetable pizza
Makes: four mini pizzas – enough for two people
Time: 1.5 hours
200 grams 00 flour
7 gram sachet of yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tin whole peeled tomatoes
Salt and pepper
A touch of olive oil
Half block of feta cheese
Half sweet potato
Half butternut pumpkin
Half red onion
Half red capsicum
Half yellow capsicum
100 grams low fat shaved chicken
Handful of baby spinach
Handful of rocket
Handful of fresh basil
- Begin with the pizza dough. Mix the dry dough ingredients together in a bowl. Make a well. Add the olive oil and warm water slowly – just enough to make a dough. Add more water until soft and bonded. Work with your hands. Stretch, add a bit more flour if needed. Work for a while with your hands over a floured surface, stretching, pulling, pushing. Roll into a ball and leave covered for an hour.
- While the dough is resting, cut up the sweet potato, pumpkin, capsicum into 2cm cubes. Quarter the onion. Pop onto a lined oven tray, give a spritz with olive oil, grind on some salt and pepper, and pop into a preheated 180ºC oven for 20 minutes.
- Open the tin of tomatoes and pop on the stove with a little basil, salt and pepper, and a dash of olive oil. Leave on a low heat. The tomatoes will break down to form a paste.
- After letting your dough rest for an hour, it should have doubled in size. Break into four. Use a rolling pin and roll out on a floured tabletop to make the pizza base.
- Place the pizza base on a pizza tray. Add a spoonful of the tomato paste.
- Add toppings
- Pizza one: Roast veggies and feta
- Pizza two: Chicken, onion, capsicum, feta, spinach, roast sweet potato
- Pop pizzas into oven
- When cooked through (about 15 mins, they’ll look cooked and the crust golden and crispy), bring out of the oven
- Add a little more greenery to the top (rocket to the chicken pizza and basil to the veggie pizza) and add a dash of balsamic vinegar
- Serve with some green salad and a nice wine!