Ahh, holidays – I love them. It’s a great time to whip up those delicious breakfasts you just don’t have time for throughout the year. This morning I had a craving for French toast. The only problem: I lead a low cholesterol lifestyle. So, here’s my recipe for a lower cholesterol, lower sugar French toast!
2 whole eggs
4 egg whites
Pinch of cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 pieces toast (you may prefer wholemeal)
A dash of fat free skim milk
A few teaspoons of Flora Proactiv Buttery Light
A punnet of berries
- Place the eggs and whites into a bowl with the cinnamon, vanilla, and dash of skim milk
- Whisk the egg mixture
- Heat a teaspoon of Flora in a frying pan
- Dip pieces of bread into the egg mixture and place in the frying pan
- Fry each piece of bread until they set and gain a yummy looking brownness
- Pop 3 pieces of toast on each plate
- Top with berries (and a little powdered sugar if you like)
- Add a little maple syrup to serve (although don’t go crazy! Just a dash for flavour to keep it healthy).
- Serve and enjoy!