Craving something sweet but low fat? Sure, this recipe has plenty of sugar, but for those who need to follow a low cholesterol lifestyle, it’s a sweet treat minus the saturated fats.
1 cup water
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Teaspoon vanilla extract
Lime rind (shavings)
A few mint leaves, shredded
- Add water and raspberries to blender, pulse until mixture has smooth consistency
- Place a strainer over a large bowl; add pureed raspberries to the strainer and press with the back of a spoon to remove the seeds
- Add sugar, vanilla, mint, and lime juice to the raspberry juice in the bowl; whisk until sugar is dissolved
- Add mixture to your ice cream maker
- Serve immediately for a soft-serve dessert or transfer to a shallow container and freeze an additional 1-2 hours for a more firm sorbet
So – what’s your favourite cooling summer treat?