If a craving strikes for baked eggs, there’s no need to dismiss it. Baked eggs don’t have to be loaded with fat-filled nasties like chorizo and full-fat cheese (but ugh, isn’t that stuff delicious?) Instead, simply whip up this lower-cholesterol version of baked eggs.
A handful of baby spinach
1 truss tomato, quartered
Low fat fetta
2 slices smoked turkey breast
Salt & pepper
Your favourite bread
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Find two ramekins; you may wish to grease them with a little Flora Proactiv or olive oil
- Run a piece of the smoked turkey around the inside edge of each ramekin
- Add your veggies – we’re using baby spinach and the quartered truss tomato, but you might want to add other veggies
- To make this lower cholesterol, we remove the egg yolks and only keep one yolk in each ramekin to add a bit of yumminess. If you want to go really low cholesterol, omit the yolks all together. Put 2-3 eggs into each ramekin.
- Crumble a tiny amount of low fat fetta on top (exclude if you want to keep this as low cholesterol as possible) and add salt and pepper to the top
- Pop in the oven for about 10 minutes or until the whites are set but the yolk is still runny
- While the eggs are in the oven, pop your bread in the toaster; spread with Flora Proactiv if you wish
- Serve straight away and enjoy!