This summer salad is fresh and delicious, while the chicken takes the dish from yummy side to main attraction.
1 chicken breast
1 small ripe mango
1 ripe avocado
300g ripe mixed-colour heirloom cherry tomatoes
extra virgin olive oil
2 corn cobs
2 teaspoons minced garlic
5 pieces lean ham
1 fresh red deseeded chilli
20g low-fat feta cheese
½ bunch coriander
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Spray a little olive oil on the chicken and add salt and pepper before quickly browning each side in a frying pan. Then transfer to the oven on a paper-lined tray to finish cooking through. When cooked, put to the side to rest.
- Make the quinoa according to the packet instructions and drain.
- Peel and de-stone the mango and avocado and chop along with the tomatoes.
- In a large bowl, toss them with the lime zest and juice, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Grill the corn on a BBQ until nicely charred, then carefully slice off the kernels.
- Finely slice the ham and chilli.
- Add the ham, chilli, and garlic into a small frying pan on a medium heat with 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Stir and cook until lightly golden, tossing regularly.
- Tip into the bowl of veg, add the quinoa and corn and toss it all together, then taste and season.
- Take the cooked chicken, chop into pieces and add to the salad.
- Divide between plates, crumble over the feta, pick over the coriander leaves and serve.